Mask Policy & Safety Measuresposted May 01, 2022
Spa Mask Policy, updated June 30, 2022
Masks are optional for all Viva Day Spa + Med Spa guests. Viva’s staff is still required to wear a mask during specific up-close treatments:
- Medical treatments performed on the face, décolleté and neck, including microneedling, IPL Photofacial, Forma, Morpheus8 RF Microneedling and more
- Massages, while working on the head, neck, and shoulders
- Our staff will also wear a mask if their guest is wearing a mask and/or asks that they wear a mask during a treatment.
Spa + Med Spa Appointments
Schedule yourself some self care! Appointments for all spa treatments and med spa services are available at all three Austin locations.
Schedule Online Call To Schedule
Shop From Home
Shop from your couch! Stock up on your favorite SkinCeuticals and Eminence Organic Skin Care skin care products and relaxation tools from Theragun, Rad Roller and more.
- Shop Online: Get free shipping on all orders over $50 from our online store.
- Buy Spa Gift Cards: Viva Day Spa gift certificates are available 24/7
The Guest Experience
Prepare to be pampered at Viva (you deserve it)! We’re all about keeping our amazing guests, staff, and Austin, Texas healthy. Here’s how you can help:
Before Your Appointment
- Complete your digital intake paperwork in advance. You will receive a link via email and/or text when you schedule your appointment.
- We know the risk of Covid is low. However, please stay home if you test positive for COVID-19 or have had known close contact with anyone who has within 14 days of your appointment. We’ll happily re-schedule you for a future visit.
At The Spa
Masks are now optional for all Viva Day Spa + Med Spa guests.
Enhanced Safety Protocols
Viva Day Spa has elevated our already hyper clean, safety first protocols with expert guidance from: our medical director, Dr. Aisha White, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Texas Medical Board, Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR), International Spa Association (ISPA), City of Austin, and State of Texas.
Our spa team has addressed every touchpoint in the Viva guest experience in detail. We thought it best to provide full transparency under the circumstances.
You’re in good hands with our professional, talented massage therapists, estheticians, nail technicians, and medical practitioners. Here’s what to expect during your treatment:
- Viva Day Spa staff will be wearing masks during treatments performed around the face, neck and décolleté.
- All service providers are required to wash their hands before and after every guest service.
- All treatment rooms are sanitized between each guest service, including surface areas and handles.
- As always, every guest service features fresh sheets, head cradle covers, and towels. All soft goods — linens, robes, towels, etc. — are laundered with hot water + bleach after use.
- Advanced air purifiers with HEPA filters have been added to each treatment room, which circulate the air and remove 99.97% of airborne particles.
The health and well-being of the Viva team is always our top priority. Our employee safety policies maximize their safety and yours.
- All Viva Day Spa + Med Spa staff have received COVID-19 specific training.
- Viva is providing personal protective gear to all team members including face masks.
- Employees must wash their hands frequently and diligently, per CDC guidelines.
- Service providers also change aprons between every guest service.
Cleaning & Common Space Measures
The standards for cleanliness and hygiene have always been industry-leading at Viva Day Spa + Med Spa. Also, we’ve amped up the frequency and stringency of our cleaning protocols both in-room and in our common spaces, including lobbies, retail areas, relaxation rooms, and staff areas.
- Viva Day Spa frequently cleans all surfaces, along with the most commonly touched objects like door handles. The cleaning solution is medical grade and kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the spa for guest and staff use
- All utensils are disposable, like cups and stir sticks. Snacks are not available for the time being.
We will continue to refine and fine-tune our safety processes as public health needs evolve. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to email or call (512) 300-2256. We look forward to (safely) taking care of you!