COVID-19 Mask Policy & Safety Measuresposted December 27, 2021
At Viva, we’re in the business of taking care of people. That responsibility takes on a whole new meaning these days. Here are the comprehensive Covid-19 Safety Measures & Mask Policy we’ve implemented to create a safe place for self-care for our guests and staff.
Spa Mask Policy (updated 12/21/21)
Due to the rise of the Omicron variant, we’ve modified our mask policy and safety protocols. Regardless of vaccination status, all spa and med spa guests are required to wear masks in common areas and during their treatment, except for services where it is not possible (like a facial or lip filler treatment). All Viva staff are required to wear a mask at all times at work.
Spa + Med Spa Appointments Available
Appointments for all spa treatments and med spa services are currently available at all three Austin locations. Please note that as an extra precaution, Viva has once again suspended use of infrared saunas during spa packages.
Shop In-Spa Or Online
All Viva locations are open for you to stock up on your favorite products and gifts from SkinCeuticals, Eminence Organic Skin Care, and more. Prefer to shop from your couch?
- Shop Online: Get free shipping on all orders over $50 from our online store.
- Buy Spa Gift Cards: Viva Day Spa gift certificates are also available online 24/7.
The Guest Experience
Prepare to be pampered at Viva (you deserve it)! We’re all about keeping our amazing guests, staff, and Austin well. Here’s how you can help:
Before Your Appointment
- Complete your digital intake paperwork in advance. You will receive a link via email and/or text when you schedule your appointment.
- We have temporarily suspended infrared sauna for all treatments, as well as post-treatment showers. We’ve replaced sauna time in spa packages with a comparable, relaxing service.
- Please stay home if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have had known close contact with anyone who has within 14 days of your appointment. Do the same if you are coughing, experiencing difficulty breathing, or have a fever of 100.4 degrees. We’ll happily re-schedule you for a future visit.
At The Spa
Masks: Masks required for all guests. Please wear a mask over your nose and mouth in all common areas (we’ll have them on too!). During your spa or med spa treatment, wear your mask whenever possible — with a few exceptions:
- Sanitize your hands at our touch-less station when you enter the spa.
Enhanced Safety Protocols
Viva Day Spa has elevated our already hyper clean, safety first protocols with expert guidance from: our medical director, Dr. Aisha White, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Texas Medical Board, Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR), International Spa Association (ISPA), City of Austin, and State of Texas.
Our spa team has addressed every touchpoint in the Viva guest experience in detail. We thought it best to provide full transparency under the circumstances.
You’re in good hands with our professional, talented massage therapists, estheticians, nail technicians, and medical practitioners. Here’s what to expect during your treatment:
- Viva Day Spa staff will be wearing KN95 masks at all times.
- All service providers are required to wash their hands before and after every guest service.
- All treatment rooms are sanitized between each guest service, including surface areas and handles. Extra time has been added between treatments to allow for thorough cleaning.
- As always, every guest service features fresh sheets, head cradle covers, and towels. All soft goods — linens, robes, towels, etc. — are laundered with hot water + bleach after use.
- Advanced air purifiers with HEPA filters have been added to each treatment room, which circulate the air and remove 99.97% of airborne particles.
- Nail appointments are limited to three guests at a time at Viva Domain Northside and a single guest per appointment at both Viva Lamar and Viva 35th.
The health and well-being of the Viva team is always our top priority. Our employee safety policies maximize their safety and yours.
- All Viva Day Spa + Med Spa staff have received COVID-19 specific training.
- All employees undergo a daily wellness check.
- Viva is providing personal protective gear to all team members including face masks, face shields, googles, aprons, and gloves. All employees must wear a face mask (over mouth + nose) at all times.
- Employees must wash their hands frequently and diligently, per CDC guidelines.
- Service providers must also change aprons between every guest service.
Cleaning & Common Space Measures
The standards for cleanliness and hygiene have always been industry-leading at Viva Day Spa + Med Spa. We’ve amped up the frequency and stringency of our cleaning protocols both in-room and in our common spaces — lobbies, retail areas, relaxation rooms, and staff areas.
- Viva Day Spa frequently cleans all surfaces, along with the most commonly touched objects like door handles. The cleaning solution is medical grade and kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.
- Electrostatic disinfectant and anti-microbial spray that kills viruses and forms a protective shield for 90 days is also being sprayed regularly.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the spa for guest and staff use
- All utensils are disposable, like cups and stir sticks. Snacks are not available for the time being.
We will continue to refine and fine-tune our safety processes as public heath needs evolve. Thanks for your patience. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to email or call (512) 300-2256. We look forward to (safely) taking care of you!