COVID-19 Safety Measures & Protocolsposted January 01, 2021
At Viva, we’re in the business of taking care of people. That responsibility takes on a whole new meaning these days. Here are the comprehensive Covid-19 Safety Measures & Protocols we have in place to create a safe place for self-care for our guests and staff.
Normal Hours, Limited Capacity
Viva Day Spa + Med Spa is open for normal business hours. However, we’ve limited the number of appointments at all Viva Day Spa + Med Spa locations to 50% of capacity. This allows us to control the traffic flow in our spas and ensure social distancing for staff and guests.
Spa + Med Spa Appointments Available
Appointments for all spa treatments and med spa services are currently available. As extra precaution, we’ve temporarily suspended use of our infrared saunas. Couples massages are now performed simultaneously in individual rooms instead of in our Duet Room.
Mask Are Required
For the health and well-being of everyone, all guests and staff are required to wear a mask at Viva Day Spa + Med Spa. All Viva team members wear a K-95 masks at all times at work. For treatments that require our guests to remove their masks, like facials and filler, Viva aestheticians and service providers are required to wear double protection (K-95 + additional external mask or face shield). Scroll down for our detailed mask policies for guests and employees.
Online Shopping & Curbside Pick-Up
The retail areas at all Viva locations are open you to stock up on your favorite products & gifts. We also have convenient options if you prefer to shop from your couch or car.
- Shop Online: Stock-up on SkinCeuticals or Eminence Organics skin care products with free shipping on all orders from Viva’s online store.
- Buy Gift Cards: Viva Day Spa gift certificates are available online 24/7.
- Pick Up Curbside: Call to place your order. We’ll bring it out to your car when you arrive at your preferred Viva location!
The Guest Experience
Prepare to be pampered at Viva (you deserve it)! We’re all about keeping our amazing guests, staff, and Austin well. Here’s how you can help:
Before Your Appointment
- Complete your digital intake paperwork in advance, please. You’ll receive a link via email and/or text when you schedule your appointment.
- Advance payment and tipping is an option.
- Infrared sauna and post-treatment showers are temporarily suspended. We’ve replaced sauna time in spa packages with a comparable, relaxing service.
- Please stay home if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have had known close contact within anyone who has within 14 days of your appointment. Do the same if you are coughing, experiencing difficulty breathing, or have a fever of 100.4 degrees. We’ll happily re-schedule you for a future visit.
At The Spa
- Masks: Wear a mask over you nose and mouth in all common areas (we’ll have them on too!). During your spa or med spa treatment, wear your mask whenever possible — with a few exceptions:
- Facials (face-related services): Keep you mask on until your service provider asks you to remove it in the treatment room.
- Massages: Masks are required when you are face-up, and optional (but preferred) when you are face down during your massage.
- Masks are available for purchase if you happen to forget yours.
- We will take your temperature when you enter the spa. If it is above 100.4, we will kindly ask you to reschedule your appointment.
- Sanitize your hands at our touch-less station when you enter the spa.
- For the safety of all, practice social distancing in our common spaces. We are staggering guests across our relaxation rooms to ensure safe, physical spacing.
- No need to touch anything but your credit card at check-out. Just insert your card and slide it back out — no signature necessary. We are also sanitizing after every guest check-out.
Enhanced Safety Protocols
We have elevated our already hyper clean, safety first protocols with expert guidance from: our medical director (Dr. Sean Paul), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Texas Medical Board, Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR), International Spa Association (ISPA), City of Austin, and State of Texas.
As you’ll read below, every touchpoint (no pun intended) in the Viva guest experience is addressed in detail. We thought it best to provide full transparency under the circumstances.
You’re in good hands with our professional, talented massage therapists, estheticians, nail technicians, and medical practitioners. Here’s what to expect during your treatment:
- Viva staff will be wearing masks at all times. Our service providers will wear a mask + face shield for face-related services (like facials).
- All service providers are required to wash their hands before and after every guest service.
- All treatment rooms are sanitized between each guest service, including surface areas and handles. Extra time has been added between treatments to allow for thorough cleaning.
- As always, every guest service features fresh sheets, head cradle covers, and towels. All soft goods — linens, robes, towels, etc. — are laundered with hot water + bleach after use.
- Advanced air purifiers with HEPA filters have been added to each treatment room, which circulate the air and remove 99.97% of airborne particles.
- Nail appointments are limited to two guests at a time at Viva Domain (with empty chairs in between), and a single guest per appointment at both Viva Lamar and Viva 35th.
The health and well-being of the Viva team is always our top priority. Our employee safety policies maximize their safety and yours.
- All Viva Day Spa + Med Spa staff have received COVID-19 specific training.
- All employees undergo a wellness check daily (temperature + COVID-19 screening)
- Viva is providing personal protective gear to all team members including face masks, face shields, googles, aprons, and gloves. All employees are required to wear a face mask (over mouth + nose) at all times.
- Employees must wash their hands frequently and diligently, per CDC guidelines
- Service providers must change aprons between every guest service
Our commitment to our employees well-being is unwavering, whether Viva is open or closed. We thought you might like to know that:
- All Viva Day Spa + Med Spa employees have returned to work of their own volition.
- Since closing on March 18, Viva paid the full health care benefits (employee + employer portions) for our entire furloughed team and their families through the end of April. Viva also covered the employer’s health care portion for our furloughed team in May. Viva officially reopened at 25% capacity on June 1.
Cleaning & Common Space Measures
The standards for cleanliness and hygiene have always been industry-leading at Viva Day Spa + Med Spa. We’ve amped up the frequency and stringency of our cleaning protocols both in-room and in our common spaces — lobbies, retail areas, relaxation rooms, and staff areas.
- All surfaces are cleaned frequently, along with the most commonly touched objects like door handles. Our cleaning solution is medical grade and kills 99.9% of bacteria & viruses.
- Electrostatic disinfectant and anti-microbial spray that kills viruses and forms a protective shield for 90 days is also being sprayed regularly.
- UV sanitizing light wands are being swept across surfaces as an additional layer of disinfection in all retail products and harder to reach areas.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the spa for guest and staff use
- All utensils are now disposable — like cups and stir sticks. Magazines and snacks will not be available for the time being.
We will continue to refine and fine-tune our protocols and processes as we learn more. Thanks in advance for your patience as our team gets used to the new rhythm of Viva with these changes. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to email or call (512) 300-2256. We look forward to (safely) taking care of you!