COVID-19 Mask Policy & Safety Measuresposted September 20, 2021
We hAt Viva, we’re in the business of taking care of people. That responsibility takes on a whole new meaning these days. Here are the comprehensive Covid-19 Safety Measures & Mask Policy we have in place to create a safe place for self-care for our guests and staff.
Spa Mask Policy
As of September 20, 2021, we’ve updated our mask policy to reflect CDC guidelines and updated Austin Public Health guidance. Masks are once again required for both fully vaccinated and unvaccinated guests at Viva Day Spa + Med Spa. All Viva staff are also required to wear a mask at all times at work.
Spa + Med Spa Appointments Available
Shop In-Spa Or Online
The retail areas at all Viva locations are open you to stock up on your favorite products & gifts. We also have convenient options if you prefer to shop from your couch.
- Shop Online: Stock-up on SkinCeuticals or Eminence Organics skin care products with free shipping on all orders from Viva Day Spa’s online store.
- Buy Gift Cards: Viva Day Spa gift certificates are available online 24/7.
The Guest Experience
Prepare to be pampered at Viva (you deserve it)! We’re all about keeping our amazing guests, staff, and Austin well. Here’s how you can help:
Before Your Appointment
- Complete your digital intake paperwork in advance, please. You’ll receive a link via email and/or text when you schedule your appointment.
- We have temporarily suspended infrared sauna and post-treatment showers. We’ve replaced sauna time in spa packages with a comparable, relaxing service.
- Please stay home if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have had known close contact with anyone who has within 14 days of your appointment. Do the same if you are coughing, experiencing difficulty breathing, or have a fever of 100.4 degrees. We’ll happily re-schedule you for a future visit.
At The Spa
Masks: Per updated CDC and Austin Public Health guidance, masks are once again required for both fully vaccinated and unvaccinated guests. Please wear a mask over you nose and mouth in all common areas (we’ll have them on too!). During your spa or med spa treatment, wear your mask whenever possible — with a few exceptions:
- Sanitize your hands at our touch-less station when you enter the spa.
Enhanced Safety Protocols
Viva Day Spa has elevated our already hyper clean, safety first protocols with expert guidance from: our medical director, Dr. Aisha White, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Texas Medical Board, Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR), International Spa Association (ISPA), City of Austin, and State of Texas.
Our spa team has addressed every touchpoint in the Viva guest experience in detail. We thought it best to provide full transparency under the circumstances.
You’re in good hands with our professional, talented massage therapists, estheticians, nail technicians, and medical practitioners. Here’s what to expect during your treatment:
- Viva Day Spa staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- All service providers are required to wash their hands before and after every guest service.
- All treatment rooms are sanitized between each guest service, including surface areas and handles. Extra time has been added between treatments to allow for thorough cleaning.
- As always, every guest service features fresh sheets, head cradle covers, and towels. All soft goods — linens, robes, towels, etc. — are laundered with hot water + bleach after use.
- Advanced air purifiers with HEPA filters have been added to each treatment room, which circulate the air and remove 99.97% of airborne particles.
- Nail appointments are limited to three guests at a time at Viva Domain Northside and a single guest per appointment at both Viva Lamar and Viva 35th.
The health and well-being of the Viva team is always our top priority. Our employee safety policies maximize their safety and yours.
- All Viva Day Spa + Med Spa staff have received COVID-19 specific training.
- All employees undergo a daily wellness check.
- Viva is providing personal protective gear to all team members including face masks, face shields, googles, aprons, and gloves. All employees must wear a face mask (over mouth + nose) at all times.
- Employees must wash their hands frequently and diligently, per CDC guidelines.
- Service providers must also change aprons between every guest service.
Cleaning & Common Space Measures
The standards for cleanliness and hygiene have always been industry-leading at Viva Day Spa + Med Spa. We’ve amped up the frequency and stringency of our cleaning protocols both in-room and in our common spaces — lobbies, retail areas, relaxation rooms, and staff areas.
- Viva Day Spa frequently cleans all surfaces, along with the most commonly touched objects like door handles. The cleaning solution is medical grade and kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.
- Electrostatic disinfectant and anti-microbial spray that kills viruses and forms a protective shield for 90 days is also being sprayed regularly.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the spa for guest and staff use
- All utensils are disposable, like cups and stir sticks. Snacks are not available for the time being.
We will continue to refine and fine-tune our protocols and processes as we learn more. Thanks in advance for your patience. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to email or call (512) 300-2256. We look forward to (safely) taking care of you!