Your Wellness: Relax At Our Spa With Confidenceposted March 12, 2020
As a leading wellness spa in Austin, the well-being of our guests, staff and community is always top priority. In fact, we founded Viva Day Spa + Med Spa with the clear intention of helping our guests take care of themselves with treatments that positively impact overall health — mind, body and spirit.
Like you, we are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on the Austin community and our world. In the meantime, we’ve elevated our already hyper-clean, client-first protocols even further so that you can truly relax and feel properly pampered at our spas.
Self-Care & Stress Relief
Practicing extreme self-care, especially in stressful times of uncertainty like now, is always good medicine. Anxiety and stress don’t just make you feel lousy, they actually dampen your immune system which makes you more vulnerable to colds and viruses. NPR shared tips we love on how to maintain or regain calm during all of this uncertainty.
Studies have also shown that therapeutic touch like massage decreases the level of the stress hormone cortisol and increases the number of white blood cells in the immune system. It doesn’t just feel good, it’s good for you too!
Extra Measures To Boost Prevention
In our spas, we’ve stepped up our already strict protocols for cleanliness and client-care to hypervigilant levels.
HYPER-CLEAN ROOMS & COMMON SPACES
Viva’s cleaning and hygiene protocols for treatment rooms and common spaces have been further elevated:
- Our saunas & treatment rooms are disinfected between every guest, including surface areas.
- Common spaces, like our relaxation rooms and lobby, are sanitized hourly — along with frequently touched elements like door handles.
- We’ve moved to disposable dishes and sealed utensils.
- Hand sanitizer is available in all spaces for guest use.
- Our cleaning solution is medical grade. It kills 99.9% of bacteria & viruses.
- All robes, linens and towels are laundered in hot water with bleach between treatments.
STAFF PROTOCOLS & PRACTICES
Our staff and guests’ health are of primary importance to us. We’re all air hugs and heart pats at Viva. Just like you, we’re refraining from handshakes and fist bumps right now. In addition:
- Our team is practicing vigorous & frequent CDC protocol hand-washing
- Any coughs/sneezes are directed into elbows, with tissues preferred when possible
- Service providers are utilizing masks, upon discretion
FOR EVERYONE’S HEALTH
We kindly ask any guests or prospective guests who are not feeling well to reschedule their appointments for a later date. Likewise, any staff who are showing any signs of illness — cough, fever, chills, etc. — will not be allowed to work.
We’re Standing By
Our commitment to taking care of our guests, neighbors, community and selves is unwavering. Until further notice, our doors are open to help you de-stress, practice self-care, and escape for some quiet “me-time.”
Here’s to wellness today and everyday!
The Viva Family