Dr. Sean Paul, MD is Viva Day Spa’s medical director. Dr. Paul is a board certified surgeon by the American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO) and a member of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS). Dr. Paul specializes in eyelid and facial plastic (cosmetic and reconstructive) surgery and practices at Austin Oculofacial Plastics Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery in Austin, Texas.
- COLLEGE: BBA (Business Honors Program) – University of Texas, Austin
- MEDICAL SCHOOL: MD – University of Texas Medical School, San Antonio
- INTERNSHIP: Transitional Year – John Peter Smith Hospital, Forth Worth
- RESIDENCY: Ophthalmology – Dean McGee Eye Institute, Oklahoma City
- FELLOWSHIP: Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) – Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO) – Diplomat
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) – Fellow Member
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) – Fellow member
- Texas Medical Association
- Travis County Medical Society
- Austin Ophthalmological Society
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
- American Medical Association (AMA
- Business Honors Alumni Association
- Texas Cowboys Alumni Association
- Texas Blazers Alumni Association
Dr. Paul grew up in south Texas. After graduating near the top of his class, he was accepted into the highly prestigious Business Honors Program (BHP) at The University of Texas at Austin. During college, he was named Student of the Year by the Cactus Yearbook and awarded Outstanding Business Senior upon graduation. He took an active role in the Austin community with both The Arc of Capital Area and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas during his time as a part of the community service organizations Texas Cowboys and Texas Blazers.
He moved onto medical school in San Antonio, where he served as Class President at The University of Texas Medical School for four years. After medical school, he completed a rigorous internship in surgery, medicine, and pediatrics in Fort Worth, Texas at John Peter Smith Hospital. He then completed his ophthalmology surgical residency training at the highly regarded Dean McGee Eye Institute.
During residency, Dr. Paul was chosen from a highly competitive field of applicants to train for two years as an American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) Fellow (less than 20% of applicants chosen each year). Under the mentorship of Dr. Gerald Harris, world renowned Orbital and Oculofacial surgeon and past editor of Ophthalmic Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, and a team of amazing mentors he completed his ASOPRS fellowship at the prestigious Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. He pursued further elective training in cosmetic surgery of the eyelids and face in Miami, Beverly Hills, and the greater Chicago area before returning home to Texas.